HDMI Hub Using Raspberry Pi

DJackL

Hello guys! First post on the forum.
I am totally new to this world, I've been programming for some years now and just getting into hardware electronics and soldering and I've put my eyes on some project of mine I've been thinking about for some time and to realize this project i need a wireless hdmi hub. Let me explain better :

I am building a portable monitor that plugs into every machine that has a type-c output. I have a LOT of machines, precisely a little raspberry pi server, a standard computer, an arch-linux computer and a laptop and in the future i think i'll have even more based on my needs. What i wanted was to use this monitor i'm building, wirelessly, without any cables plugged in. I know it's possible to buy on amazon hdmi transmitters and receivers that can easly achieve this job with one machine but i was wondering if it was possibile to eventually plug all of my machines with hdmi wireless transmitters into a router and connect my monitor to that router and with a raspberry pi inside the monitor to choose when i power it witch monitor i want to see?

I know it seems kinda strange and i don't even know if it's possible or even ever done before but i wanted to ask your serious opinion on the matter. Sorry for the bad English (not my native language) and thanks in advance for any future responses.

beers

Staff member
Seems like a HDMI switch would simply do what you want.

Also unsure on wireless interference between transmitters, would assume it could be contentious if you aren't given a RF channel selection.