HDMI sound issues.

Eric4753

Hello,

I mainly use my pc on my moniter ,but occasionally I use it on my tv. When I connect my pc to the T.V via HDMI the sound is very choppy and cuts randomly. I use the same hdmi and it works perfectly with my moniter ,but now with my tv. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Eric

jamesd1981

Is the sound output from your tv normal when connected to other hdmi hardware.

Does the choppy sound only occur when connected to your pc.

jamesd1981

Can you give us more information on your hardware, motherboard and graphics card.

Do you use realtek sound ?

Eric4753

Yes I use realtek and the specs are in my signature. and i'll try the driversweeper later...

Thanks

jamesd1981

Must be going blind eric didn`t even notice your sig :)

When you install your ati drivers, did you check the hmdi audio box was unticked otherwise there could be a clash of ati & realtek hd audio drivers.

jamesd1981

Go into your device manager, near the bottom you will see sound, video and game controllers, open the drop down list, if you have installed the amd audio driver, you will see AMD high definition audio device, below that you should also see your realtek driver which will show as realtek high defintion audio.

jamesd1981

Well you could connect to your tv and try each of the audio drivers and see if they both have the sound problem or if it turns out the sound is fine with one of them, just use that driver when connected to your tv.

Eric4753

I tried disabling one and it still had the issue. I enabled it and disabled the other and got no sound lol This happens only with online videoes and movies/ music games and music files are fine

Last edited:

Eric4753

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? I can play games and listen to music fine ,but If I try to watch a youtube video or stream a move or listen to pandora the sound is very choppy......

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? I can play games and listen to music fine ,but If I try to watch a youtube video or stream a move or listen to pandora the sound is very choppy......

Whats the buffering like for the video? Can you right click and see if the setting for Flash has hardware acceleration enabled?