HDMI1/DVI in + PS3 = black screen

88Jonsson

Hey guys,

I seem to be having a problem with my hdmi1/dvi in port on my tv. If I put the hdmi cable into hdmi1/dvi nothing shows up its just a black screen. It also does this when I plug my other hdmi cable for my dish network box, but when I put either hdmi cable into "hdmi in" which is the second port i have of course everything works fine. What can I do to be able to use both HDMI ports? Why can I get it to work on one HDMI port and not the other??

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You have to change the hdmi input on the tv to whatever hdmi input you are using.

88Jonsson

Everything thing works fine when its plugged into HDMI2. Its all plugged in I hit input on the TV and it goes right to HDMI2 and shows up just fine. when I plug it into the HDMI1/DVI I hit input on the TV and it goes to it, but I get nothing but a black screen. Same thing with the dish network receiver..

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Then maybe hdmi port 1 on the tv is dead. I think they make hdmi a/b switches where you can switch back and forth between devices for tv with only 1 hdmi port.

Troncoso

VIP Member
So your ps3 works on the second hdmi port? if not then it's because you have to change the input setting in the ps3 settings.