HDTV on my PC

Arm_Pit

banned
Basicly, I have a old 13 inch TV, and I have this nice 20inch PC monitor that supports the resalution requirments for HDTV soas you might have guessed, I'm looking to replace my TV with my PC :)

Will any TV Tuner card work for this? or will i require a specail HDTV one? My video card says it supports HDTV but I'm guessing what it means by this is when the TV port is used? and with a HD DVD? Not relaly sure, would like some more information about this since i lack knowlegde in it.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
No, you need a special tuner, and I've not heard of any really decent ones yet... I've not read up on the topic much recently, but most are apparently rather buggy still.

Arm_Pit

banned
No, you need a special tuner, and I've not heard of any really decent ones yet... I've not read up on the topic much recently, but most are apparently rather buggy still.
Thanks, At least I know that much now, A while ago i was going to do this too, but The room i was going to be staying in i didn't have ready yet anyways and my motor i wasn't sure if it suppoted hdtv or not then, now i have a new one that i for sure know. BAck there there was only one HDTV tuner i could find that specifcally said it would work, now i see several but not many have any decent reviews at all.