headphone/speaker Q

Bobo

banned
I have 2 speakers (crap) and a Logitech headset. The speakers only work if they are in the haedset jack, not in the speaker jack. But the headphones don't work in the speaker jack. Any idea why, or how to make it work?

Picklee

sounds like bad on board sound ont he mobo to me. you can probably go into the bios and see if theres anything there that can be tweaked?

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Are you sure you have separate jacks for speakers and headsets? Sometimes the backpanel could have wrong tags on it. In the office I have a computer on which says "mic" on the speaker-out and "speaker" on line-in...

Bobo

banned
Picklee said:
sounds like bad on board sound ont he mobo to me. you can probably go into the bios and see if theres anything there that can be tweaked?

Nope, I have a restricted bios cause I got an OEM board :mad:

Bobo

banned
Lorand said:
Are you sure you have separate jacks for speakers and headsets? Sometimes the backpanel could have wrong tags on it. In the office I have a computer on which says "mic" on the speaker-out and "speaker" on line-in...

It doesn't say anything, there are just little diagrams.....1 is definitely headphones, one is definitely a microphone, and one looks like a radio tower with little waves coming out of it, but it has an arrow up towards it. Could that be a line in?

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
I think that's the line-in. So plug the speakers and the headphones in the first jack. You can do this with a jack-splitter, just like this one:

splitter2.jpg

Last edited:

Bobo

banned
I don't need that, I was just wondering if it was a problem with my computer. Because, if so, I would love the oppertunity to yell at HP, cause I HATE this computer....but that's another topic

Thanks