Headphones issue

skidude

I just bought some headphones to use when I dont feel like using my speakers. So, I connected the frontal audio jacks into my motherboard, and the headphones work fine. Then, when I unplug them, in order to get my 5.1 speakers to work (using the back audio jack on my onboard sound) I have to unplug all the frontal audio jacks from my mobo and then put some sort of cover the "short" the audio jacks so the sound will be sent through the back audio ports. Is there any "work around" to make not have to unplug the front audio wires and still use my speakers?

suprasteve

you typically always need to unplug the headphones for the speakers to turn back on, but the cover thing is weird

skidude

No, I have to COMPLETELY DISCONNECT the front panel audio jacks on my mobo for it to work. Its very strange.

suprasteve

do you have a sound card? could be an issue with two sets of drivers, like if you plug headphones in it reverts back to the drivers that came with your mobo or something

skidude

No I dont have a soundcard, using onboard, but I am seriously considering buying one so I can use the front panel lol :p

Beyond

what you're saying is the front panel on your case plugs into your motherboard? if so, i highly doubt there is a way for your front panel to run off your onboard audio and the outputs your speakers connect to on your motherboard to operate at the same time. research in accordance to your motherboard and there may be a way, though.....

skidude said:
No I dont have a soundcard, using onboard, but I am seriously considering buying one so I can use the front panel lol :p

i have an audigy 2 zs. would you be interested?

Filip

thats why i have an amplifier, i just have to push one little button, however my headphones and speakers can work at the same time

Beyond

skidude said:
I will have to think about it.... plus convince the parents that you are a reliable source :p Sounds like a good deal though.

alright. i can list it on ebay with buy it now if you think that would help... 100% positive feedback.

suprasteve

zipzoomfly, but with a $40 rebate, regardless you can get a new one for around $100 anyways, so I don't think it's worth going used for that

Beyond

skidude said:
Thanks Beyond but no thanks, I think I will jsut buy it new. :)

yeah i hear you man .. it's just like some headphones i was about to buy .. the guy wanted $65 shipped and for $11 more i can get them new.. kind of a no-brainer what to do.

edit: question.. will the new soundcard be used for headphones? if so, music only or games/movies as well?

skidude

I will use it for my 5.1 speakers and my headphones so I can connect the front audio ports. Music and gaming mostly.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Might as well mention... If you have the money get the X-Fi Music. The sound from my X-Fi Platinum is frigging unbelievable. When using regular stereo headphones it really do sound like your using surround sound headphones with the right settings. Made my $30 headset with Mic (Logitech Precision gamer headset) sound like a $100. set, with surround sound on top of that. I could go on and on but wont. You really have to hear to believe.