Headsets

Ryan_Fpv

I'm currently looking at getting a new headset which will mainly be used for gaming/xfire. I want one that has the frame that sits over your head with soft ear cups, something that is comfortable to wear for hours at a time. Since I'll be using it for gaming it'll be nice if the headphones have decent sound quality, so that I can hear when someone's shooting at me and such.
Since I won't be using it all that often, I want it to be rather cheap, under AU$30 preferably.

Does anyone have any experience with Genius HS 04SU? It doesn't need to be brilliant, just nice and comfortable. Any other recommendations?
Also; does anyone know any good places to buy headsets in Aus that have cheap/free delivery [on headsets]? Hardly seems worth buying something for $20 if it's going to cost $20 to have it posted.

A friend has recommended that I get the Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset.
It's quite a bit more expensive, but he tells me it's well worth the money. What's your thoughts?

Last edited:

Hsv_Man

I'd still recommend the Creative Fatal1ty headset as you know you are going to get that extra bit better performance whether that be from the sound of the headphones or the performance of the mic.

linkin

VIP Member
Whatever you buy just make sure it isn't USB, while it's okay for some uses it won't make use of your soundcard and even then has average processing itself (looking at the G35)

I'd recommend a cheap logitech headset if you're just playing FPS type games and you want that edge of being able to hear people.

Ryan_Fpv

After convincing from HSV_Man (the person who I will be using the headset with), I have went with the Creative Fatal1ty headset.
And yes, I made sure that it has the 3.5mm audio jacks. I thought they would be easier to use than a USB one, don't have to worry about drivers or software to run the headset (which I would imagine you would need with usb).