Hearts of Iron 3 trouble

orcam3

You can play skyrim on the highest setings with a gt 240....Im not sure your fully aware of your pc specs.

At the end of the day youve asked for help, Im trying to give you help.

1) Oem psus are rubbish even with a bad GPU.

2)I personally have never seen such a high wattage OEM PSU which leads me to think its either not OEM and youve not bothered checking what it is, or your just guessing and clutching at straws.

3) Im merely trying to troubleshoot your problem by factoring out different possibilities. The first one in mind is psu as you said its compaq.

4)If you want to come up with your own solution, please do.

Yeah, im terribly sorry that the sticker on my computer says that is 100-127 V - 6 A..

and i dont really know what you mean with the first part, but for the record, i play skyrim on the highest settings, without any lags or crashes

But let's assume i have a crappy power supply, i'm using a regular (non-modified) computer, shouldn't other people have this problem with this (or another) game?

Last edited:

SuperDuperMe

Ok, so well assume its an oem psu, well assume that it is a gt 240.

Now as said, im merely trying to rule out all possibilities.

So the reason it could be your psu is because its oem, theyre literally just made to only just about power your pc. Now to answer your part about why are other people not having this problem. Every pc is different. Just because you bought yours on the same day as someone else doesnt mean they will last the same amount. Again, this could mean something is stressing your psu causing the problems.

It may not be your psu, but im trying to rule it out for you. Obviously though, you dont really care much for advice, so what i would advise you to do is uninstall the game, or buy a new computer as to me it seems thats the only way your going to fix this problem as your unwilling to actually co operate.

orcam3

Ok, so well assume its an oem psu, well assume that it is a gt 240.

Now as said, im merely trying to rule out all possibilities.

So the reason it could be your psu is because its oem, theyre literally just made to only just about power your pc. Now to answer your part about why are other people not having this problem. Every pc is different. Just because you bought yours on the same day as someone else doesnt mean they will last the same amount. Again, this could mean something is stressing your psu causing the problems.

It may not be your psu, but im trying to rule it out for you. Obviously though, you dont really care much for advice, so what i would advise you to do is uninstall the game, or buy a new computer as to me it seems thats the only way your going to fix this problem as your unwilling to actually co operate.
If i uninstall the game it would be a waste of money.
If i buy a new PC i'm not guaranteed to be able to be play this game.
and i still dont get why the machine crashes (windows appcrash) on a game like this and not on games named before (MW3, TES5)

ttomm46

If i uninstall the game it would be a waste of money.
If i buy a new PC i'm not guaranteed to be able to be play this game.
and i still dont get why the machine crashes (windows appcrash) on a game like this and not on games named before (MW3, TES5)

I was told i couldn't play because I have windows 7:(

ttomm46

actually I was thinking of buying the game so I asked on the forum since win 7 wasn't listed..but maybe try paradox tech support..?..it may help

orcam3

actually I was thinking of buying the game so I asked on the forum since win 7 wasn't listed..but maybe try paradox tech support..?..it may help

already did that , but it didn't help, their ''raise a ticket'' system is not a good one, too.

orcam3

so no-one knows? maybe another windows? (i cant install vista/xp on my machine for some reason, who knows why?)