Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!! Don't Know What's Wrong!!!

aSc1@3

BIG PROBLEMO< for soem reason, on the pc in my sig, whenever i put in a game disc, half the time it reboots, other half it reboots when i start playing. What's really weird is, when I tried it on the cpu when oc'ed(only occasionly keep it oc'ed), it sometimes still reboots when i put in disc, but then, if the pc donsen't restart, it will stay fine when i start playing. After a reboot, on the POST, there is nothing like an overheating message. Also, this actually only happens with 2 games, Master of Orion 3, and whenever I try to install portal(apparently you can't install it without an internet connection, gettign cable by sunday). This is kinda scary, b/c my other games(hitman 2 and flight sim '02) work and installed perfectly. Will provide more info if needed, thanks for any help!

lovely?

well thats not something to worry about too much, even my power supply's 12V droops about .5V

i do agree that celerons are not very good gaming cpus but i use a celeron D2.66 for quite a few of my games and they work fine, though i would not use integrated graphics.

aSc1@3

it could simply be a virus, run a scan, if not use CCleaner to fix your registary. hope i helped Elron
not a virus, this pc hasn't been connected to the internet at all, a soon as i get my ethernet wire on tuesday, then it'l have internet.
celeron's are shit when they come to games, and plus ur on an integrated card, just buy a new pc.
well SORRY, but at teh moment, i can't afford a new anything for a pc. actually, this was a constumers pc that they thought was dead, and when i fixed it and said it works, they said i could keep it. all i've been using is the family pc.
Have enough memory on your card?
the intergrated has 64mb of memory. all i know is that it is s3 grapgics unichrome

adarsh

Hi, have you checked the minimum requirement for the game?
If you have lesser memory than the minimum requirement, then your computer is bound to restart.

aSc1@3

all portal says for requirements is at least directx 8, which i have. i'll check the MoO3 requirments.

again the celeron is fine, i know how you feel, but i really do think onboard 64mb graphics is outdated. even a small 128mb or 256mb one would be nice and there relitivly cheap ATM. if your low on cash try eBay, i use it all the time and buy nearlly-new parts for my rig. does your motherboard have a PCI-E or AGP (or PCI even) slot free?

aSc1@3

agp, 3 free pci, but would prefer agp.

EDIT: Also, MoO3 also only says Directx8, doesn't list video memory requirements.

EDIT 2: Also, I have been trying to get a new card, but I only have $20 bucks, and i'd rather save-up another $40 and get a $60 viceo card versus getting a mediocre tide-over $20 card and then save up another $60. But, what do ya'll think?

Last edited:
check with you motherboards manufactoror first but if u were running fine before on a 64mb a 265mb or even a 128mb card would do your rig justice, these can be piceked up at a reasonable price and super cheap on ebay, i got my 128 mb AGP 8X ATI Radeon 1950 for just £16 Pounds Sterling on ebay

Motoxrdude

Hi, have you checked the minimum requirement for the game?
If you have lesser memory than the minimum requirement, then your computer is bound to restart.

Have you ever seen a game restart due to lack of vram? Me neither, that's because they don't. Instead it will just load less textures, etc.