hello i'm new and i need help.

wwedude101

on this video:
what is that wire that connected to the LCD screen is called? and I took apart my HP 2000. it's been a while but from the looks of his video, the skinny wire have a white end so it can connect elsewhere. mine don't. I'll show everyone picture later. I hope I didn't accidently broke mine

Darren

Staff member
Either the LCD cable to the screen or the WiFi antennae like Lucas said. Usually there's a black and a white and taped to the inside of the laptop lid for better reception.

lucasbytegenius

It's really hard to see in the photo, but that connector does look like the tiny BNC connector used for the antenna connection to your WiFi card.

Usually the webcam is fed through a ribbon cable in my experience.

wwedude101

It's really hard to see in the photo, but that connector does look like the tiny BNC connector used for the antenna connection to your WiFi card.

Usually the webcam is fed through a ribbon cable in my experience.
so is that antenna's broken? and how do I connect it to cthe WiFi card? do they have YouTube video to show and tell?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Looks like a wifi antenna cable. It just snaps onto the small hole on the wifi card.

Darren

Staff member
It feels kinda "wrong" but yeah @beers pic above nails it. Place it on top and press down flat, it should kinda snap into place.

Some WiFi cards have two antennae, some just one. Usually one white and one black.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Don't you have the screws that were used for it? You need to use the correct screws or you won't get good contact between heatsink and processor and it will burn up.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Don't you have the screws that were used for it? You need to use the correct screws or you won't get good contact between heatsink and processor and it will burn up.
The screws look like they don't come out of the heatsink and are still there