Help a newbie, please. Photo editing computer

Mmcneal33

in looking to buy a used prebuilt. These are the specs on the one I am looking at. From the little research I have done it seems to fit the bill for what I need and can afford, but I wanted to make sure I’m not overlooking anything. I am a photographer. I don’t shoot weddings, but I’m usually editing about 20 pics at a time using layers in PS. I usually toggle back and forth between Lightroom and PS as well. Any help would be appreciated!

• 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7-6700 Quad-Core
  • 16GB of 2133 MHz DDR4 RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4GB of DDR3 VRAM
  • 2TB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
  • SuperMulti DVD Drive & Media Card Reader
  • 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet
  • 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi & Bluetooth
  • USB 3.0 / HDMI / DisplayPort
Eventually I would like to add at least a 512gb ssd, but for now, this should work. I think.

Mmcneal33

Newbie 100%. Lol. So I don’t know that I understand your sarcasm. I don’t know a real difference in different types of cards other than the fact I was told and read that for what I’m using my computer for a nvidia or Intel graphics card is ideal....

Mmcneal33

It looks like these are suggested directly from adobe though. Thanks for your suggestion.

Attachments

• B5663CF6-C149-4C0A-81AD-4EE33235177D.png
    B5663CF6-C149-4C0A-81AD-4EE33235177D.png
    406.1 KB · Views: 1

ssal

in looking to buy a used prebuilt. These are the specs on the one I am looking at. From the little research I have done it seems to fit the bill for what I need and can afford, but I wanted to make sure I’m not overlooking anything. I am a photographer. I don’t shoot weddings, but I’m usually editing about 20 pics at a time using layers in PS. I usually toggle back and forth between Lightroom and PS as well. Any help would be appreciated!

Eventually I would like to add at least a 512gb ssd, but for now, this should work. I think.

Photoshop and Lightroom are not that CPU intensive but requires a good Graphic processor which seems to be there

Photoshop and Lightroom are not that CPU intensive but requires a good Graphic processor which seems to be there.

ssal

If your processor is of the last 5 year vintage, it should be no problem with PS and LR. But you need a good graphic adapter.
12gb or more of DRAM would help too.