Help!! anybody here can help me out?

Jesusloving

well, my windows doesnt have a system sound, while there are sounds when i play music or movies...what should i do??

i can't even hear the sound of msn messenger...and i have tried every setup to set the sound, but it didnt work anyhow...

i dont wanna reinstall my computer again---i know it will work if i install my system again...but i got so many import things on my computer and i dont have too much time to install it....

what do i do now? :mad:

DanLatimer

I dont understand, do you mean the little sound volume button on the systray isnt there? and when you talk about reinstalling your computer, do you mean reinstalling windows or changing the hardware of your computer?

if its the systray thing try going in the
start menu>>programs>>acessories>>entertainment>>volume control

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Hey

Reinstall all the sound drivers. Also make sure that in the sound panel icon in the taskbar, you have Wave balance and Volume control not muted or not all the way down. Sometimes, you wonder how simple the cause of these problems could be.

JAN :D

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Click START, CONTROL PANEL, SOUNDS AND AUDIO DEVICES then click the tab that says "SOUNDS". When your there, click on the drop down box and select "windows default" as your sound scheme. That should fix it. Post back if you need anything else.

Jesusloving

thanx

well, yes, i did it.
start menu>>programs>>acessories>>entertainment>>volume control...and it still doesnt have sound...that's why i am confused and worried.

i also used the Anti-Virus software to scan my computer, and it's alright.

i mean i dont wanna re-install my windows system...it will take me tooo much time, and i got many important stuff too...

what should i do then?

Camper

Right click on MY Computer then properties then go to the hardware tap then click on device manager. In the device look for sound, video and game controllers pull down menu (if there is one if there is one) also look for any ? and red X's in this menu. If there is no sound, video and game controllers pull down menu then you are going to need to reinstall the device drivers for the sound card.

mgoldb2

VIP Member
Reinstall your sound drivers. If you dont know what drivers are then tell us what sound card you have and we should be able to find the correct drivers for you. If you dont know what sound card then go start, run, type in dxdiag. then go to sound tab and tell what sound card you have.

Jesusloving

i have installed the sound card for sure...and when i installed this windows, there was sound. but when i installed K-lite codec pack, the computer was dead...when i restarted my computer, the sound disappeared...but there is sound when i play music...no system sound...

Jesusloving

mgoldb2 said:
Reinstall your sound drivers. If you dont know what drivers are then tell us what sound card you have and we should be able to find the correct drivers for you. If you dont know what sound card then go start, run, type in dxdiag. then go to sound tab and tell what sound card you have.

well,it's Realtek AC97 Audio

mgoldb2

VIP Member
Jesusloving said:
the sound disappeared...but there is sound when i play music...no system sound...

OK you going to have to be a little more detail. So when you play something in windows media player you get sound? Where specifically is sound not working? What programs do you mean? when the system start up you dont get that initial sound?

Please tell us exactly where the sound not working.

Last edited:

Jesusloving

i mean right now, when i play music in windows media, there IS still sound, but there is no initial sound when i start my computer.
and there is no that little "sound" icon on my desk menu.
i dont have sound in msn messenger, Yahoo messenger, Skype, ect...also there is no windows sound...no alert sound...
and i have installed my sound card drive just now again,still, no initial sound, no windows sound...

i dont wanna re-install my windows again...

Jesusloving

NeuromancerWGDD'U said:
Yeah, what you're talking about is just the sound theme. Go to your control panel, open "sounds" and set it to Windows Default.

yeah...if it was that easy, i wont come here to bother u guys...
i have already done that for several times, and it just didnt work anyhow...

NeuromancerWGDD'U

Since this started after you installed a codec package, did you happen uninstall the codec pack? You might want to try installing different codecs too.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
well,it's Realtek AC97 Audio
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dlac97-2.aspx?lineid=5&famid=12&series=8&Software=True

i mean right now, when i play music in windows media, there IS still sound, but there is no initial sound when i start my computer.
and there is no that little "sound" icon on my desk menu.
i dont have sound in msn messenger, Yahoo messenger, Skype, ect...also there is no windows sound...no alert sound...
and i have installed my sound card drive just now again,still, no initial sound, no windows sound...

i dont wanna re-install my windows again...
1. If you can hear SOME sound that means your drivers are installed. Period. Thats good news.
2. If you dont hear sound for applications u want (i.e., MSN or whatnot) ... that requires you yo manually configure the audio settings for MSN or whatever
3. What player are you using to play the movies? Some players direct pipe to WAVE channel and then mute it afterwards lol