Help audio jack

irongeek2012

If a customer has a HP laptop DV 2000 he states his 3.5 milimeter audio jack wont work anymore. Also, states he tried external USB Sounds adapater but doesnt work eiter.

I informed him to try to go to HP and download the latest drivers for his system. Any other suggestions? He wants to know if there is a place that sells those type adapters? Alll help is greatly appreciated.

irongeek2012

He states the computer says that it is working perfectly it actually shows up in my device box but when I test it or I use it as the primary device no sound comes out...

also, when they are not plugged in I get perfect sound out of the computer speakers.. all help is greatly appreciated do u think its hardware or software I think it might be a driver isssue.

jamesd1981

I would start by exhausting the software area as it is easiest, update all the system drivers not just audio, carefully go through the audio settings and try making any adjustments needed, it seems unlikely to be faulty audio jack if the external usb soundcard also does not work.