HELP! Before I waste my $$

Chazkast

New Member
Cheapest build that will run World of Warcraft fairly well!! ISO - advice/comments

OK, I've got a very limited budget and am trying to make a better than decent gaming computer. HOPEFULLY I can get this all together for 200-300 $$.

At the moment I have a guy that said he will put it together for me and install windows 7.

He's giving me the following items @ 50$ each.

- Intel core 2 duo 2.80GHz processor
- a used but nice Antec case
- a P53-VM DO Asus motherboard

total - $150

I still need to obtain the following...

- 400w+ power supply
- 80+gb sata harddrive
- 2gb ddr2 (800) ram
- good video card

The guy also gave me a EVGA GeForce 9500 GT video card, but it might not work... How can I test this to see if it does work?

Also, is the motherboard/processor/case worth $50 a piece? Any input is GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thank you very much.
 
Last edited:
OK, I've got a very limited budget and am trying to make a better than decent gaming computer. HOPEFULLY I can get this all together for 200-300 $$.

At the moment I have a guy that said he will put it together for me and install windows 7.

He's giving me the following items @ 50$ each.

- Intel core 2 duo 2.80GHz processor
- a used but nice Antec case
- a P53-VM DO Asus motherboard

total - $150

I still need to obtain the following...

- 400w+ power supply
- 80+gb sata harddrive
- 2gb ddr2 (800) ram
- good video card

The guy also gave me a EVGA GeForce 9500 GT video card, but it might not work... How can I test this to see if it does work?

Also, is the motherboard/processor/case worth $50 a piece? Any input is GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thank you very much.

The processor is a good deal for 50 (new, I assume), a used case isn't, and I doubt the mobo is (outdated socket), but, 150 is OK due to the savings you make on the CPU.

That video card is not good. You will have to turn to settings right down on modern games, but it's better than nothing.
 
all 3 are used. Would these run world of warcraft without lagging though? heres the reqs for the game -

PC System Requirements

OS: Windows XP / Windows Vista (with latest Service Packs) / Windows 7

Processor:

Minimum: Intel Pentium 4 1.3 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1500+
Recommended: Dual-core processor, such as the Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2


Memory:

Minimum: 512 MB RAM (1GB for Vista users)
Recommended: 1 GB RAM (2 GB for Vista users)

Video:

Minimum: 3D graphics processor with Hardware Transform and Lighting with 32 MB VRAM Such as an ATI Radeon 7200 or NVIDIA GeForce 2 class card or better
Recommended: 3D graphics processor with Vertex and Pixel Shader capability with 128 MB VRAM Such as an ATI Radeon X1600 or NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT class card or better


Sound: DirectX-compatible sound card or motherboard sound capability
 
All the components you spoke about meet those recommended requirements, but the only time you'll be lag-free will be medium-low settings. Make sure you have proof that every part works, individuals don't give warranty. Usually just a fake mobile number ;)

EDIT just noticed you said w/ Win7, that is a good deal.
 
All the components you spoke about meet those recommended requirements, but the only time you'll be lag-free will be medium-low settings. Make sure you have proof that every part works, individuals don't give warranty. Usually just a fake mobile number ;)

EDIT just noticed you said w/ Win7, that is a good deal.

the windows isnt the real windows 7, but a cracked version ? idk... anyway ive seen the motherboard and processor turn on, and bios and he showed me them both on board. I just dont know if this video card works or not... Any idea how much the rest of what I need will cost? Or what I should try and spend on it
 
Back
Top