Help!! BIOS messed up and now computer won't boot!!

Guys, this is very serious to me. I tried to fix the "missing operating system" problem by resetting BIOS settings to factory defaults with F9. I then pressed F10 to save and exit and rebooted the computer. The problem still exists. I then went to BIOS and enabled "OS Optimized Defaults', saved and exited BIOS. I rebooted the computer and nothing is showing.

The monitor is not showing anything. I tried unplugging and plugging back the monitor cord but nothing happened. The CPU's LED is lit, which means it is turned on, but no results.

I tried to reset BIOS with another way by taking out the CMOS battery for a few minutes and putting it back but nothing happened again. Please anyone help me. I don't have enough money to buy a new CPU so please guys.. I need help.

CPU: Intel i5-3470
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon 6670 HD
RAM: 10GB DDR3
Manufacturer: Lenovo

I only remember these specs for the computer because I CANT EVEN TURN ON THE COMPUTER!

Anyways, thanks!

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think you actually reset cmos. Do it this way...

1. Unplug power from power supply
2. Remove cmos battery
3. Press and hold power button for 10 seconds
4. Wait 10 minutes
5. Reinsert battery
6. Reconnect power
7. Try booting up.

Missing operating system means either hard drive has failed or boot files are missing or corrupt.

I took out the CMOS battery and now waiting for 10 mins.

Wait, I forgot to tell you that the "missing operating system" started by me doing a stupid thing, turning off the PC during a Windows update..
T_T

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Wait, I forgot to tell you that the "missing operating system" started by me doing a stupid thing, turning off the PC during a Windows update..
Yeah, thats not a good thing. You will most likely have to reinstall windows now. You can try booting to advanced options and see if you can do a system restore or reset. If not, its time to reinstall windows.

Okay, I did it.
Now, the monitor isn't showing anything again but there are some results.

When I plugged in the power supply, it beeped twice then turned off by itself.
It then turned on itself and beeped twice, then beeped twice again.

If I remember, I hear these beeps and then ThinkStation comes up and says "integrity setup data check failure"

If I remember, I hear these beeps and then ThinkStation comes up and says "integrity setup data check failure"

This happened before all this. It will show F1 for BIOS and F2 to continue. Before this, if I press F2, Windows will boot as usual.
After me doing that stupid thing, I pressed F2 to continue and it shows "missing operating system"
Then all this happened.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
2 beeps is a cmos setting error. If you don't get screen output then try resetting cmos again. If you can access bios, you need to set default settings not optimized.