Help building a computer.

blue957400

Alright so about 1 year ago i requested help to build a computer, we found all the parts and everything but that was when the i7 had just released.My job ended up not going through also so i had no job to pay for all the parts. Recently got a job at a company called Cyber Defender (i'm sure some of you have heard of them) I get paid on the 15th and i wanted to start buying parts to build my awesome home PC. I bought the asus 1215n recently since i also asked people on input for a cheap, powerful, and small laptop/netbook. (if you have any questions about it or are thinking about getting one ask me about it since i am a current owner). I want the PC to be able to play hd video smoothly, game any game on max settings, be future proof, probably going to create music on it, and will probably edit photos/videos due to my up and coming DJ friends haha. (they are pretty good, look them up under "T.H.C") The only 4 things i had been thinking about the PC is that i want to go i7, the gtx465 looks goo(is there something better now?), i am looking at the Coolermaster haf case in blue =], and i know i want to get dual monitors because thats what we use at the office and its pretty cool actually haha. Sorry about my rambling but i would appreciate any and all help.:D

Breadman177

I'm not experienced enough to suggest anything but if they knew a budget someone could get to working on a list I'm sure.

K.I.A.

Hey dude, I like your current specs. but by your recent question "3 or 6gigs of ram" i do believe your going to buy a ddr3 triple channel kit. the sandybridge motherboards do not support triple channel but will support ddr3 dual channel. so 4gigs of ram @ 1600 should work flawlessly. also consider going with an asus motherboard.

I'm building my sandybridge build tonight. Also i would recommend a corsair power supply. so if you have any questions on how my build goes. just inbox me. it might take 2 days to build since im "new" at this and i do have school and extracurricular activities. to attend. so wish me luck.

blue957400

alright then will do, i thought that since it was ddr3 that it all goes in 3s. I'll get 4gb then. And i'll look into the power supply and motherboard. What motherboard did you get?

blue957400

another question for anybody who cares to answer. Should i get an ssd drive? or is it still too expensive? i can hold out on it or get it but i was just wondering if it was worth it.

Breadman177

SSD's are insanely fast, you would really only need to get a 60gb-120gb depending on how many games you play. Just put the OS and your games on it and put all you music/movies etc.. on a storage drive. Then again I wouldn't cut back on anything else to get it though. You can always add it later if needed.

blue957400

Well I'm just asking to see if it's worth it, I want to make it so that this computer doesn't need much upgrade other than maybe a second GPU sometimes in the future.