Help burning a file to a dvd

AusLinda

well i couldn't burn my dvd directly because to biy so i decided to make an img, then i converted it into a .avi file, its 6gb anyone know a program that can split the file in half without dmg'ing the file? liek from 6gb into 2 x 3gb files?

lubo4444

You can use a program called DVD Shrink which can help you burn a bigger file to a regular DVD disk. Not sure if it will lower the quality though. No need to divide the disk into two parts. I heard it was good but i never tried it though. So try it at your own risk.

FunnelWeb

to burn your big file to dvd without damaging the file your going to have to buy a dual layer dvd burner and a dual layer dvd disk

CrayonMuncher

yeah it would definatly help to have a dual layer, have you checked to see if the drive is compaitable with dual layer, my cheap sony dvd burner i bought 2-3 years ago has dual layer support
overburning may be an option but i doubt you will be able to overburn that much and it may not be very reliable

AusLinda

i tried dvdshrink didn't support the file type :s and dual layers not gonna bother i'd rather just leave it on the hardrive :S