help buying new pc

majax

Hey everyone,

There are too many products out there for me to research. I need some help. I was thinking about building my own pc but ruled that out because I only have a month to get this desktop pc and laptop. I liked Dell's xp5th gen or 4th gen. I'm really picky though. I don't like screens from the companies when I first start the pc. I would prefer to go straight to the windowsxp startup screen. I know you can tweak it so that doesn't appear. I also like alienware pcs but I just can't figure out the price? They're too expensive for what they offer. I don't have the technical knowhow to build my own. Are there any other companies that I should consider? No to gateway and Sony. Money isn't an issue. I'll be using it for finances, gaming, alot of multimedia (tivo, movies, etc...), and schoolwork.

majax

I am kinda looking for something that's trendy. Dell is okay but doesn't really have a trendy design. Why does alienware have to put the cd and dvd bays behind the front door case? I would think that would be annoying to open after a while.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I don't like screens from the companies when I first start the pc. I would prefer to go straight to the windowsxp startup screen. I know you can tweak it so that doesn't appear.
You can set your own if you want to mess around with the BIOS otherwise you can disable it

I also like alienware pcs but I just can't figure out the price? They're too expensive for what they offer.
Money isn't an issue
Uh....

Why does alienware have to put the cd and dvd bays behind the front door case? I would think that would be annoying to open after a while.
Because they dont want to stealth the drive bays ... sides anyone who wants to buy a case with stealthed drives either should pay for it or just give up now. ;)

Its just a matter of looks. If you really wanted, you could any old computer, and swap cases.
Hehe just make sure you dont end up with a million-dollar case and five-cent computer ;)