Help! Cant Decide!

mac550

New Member
Ok so i got a nice bonus from work and i was thinking about upgrading my CPU.
I have 4 questions for you,
1. do i upgrade to a Intel E8400 or the Q6600? there is only £3 defference.
2. do i upgrade to a XFX 680i LT SLI or the ASUS P5N-D nForce 750i SLI? £14 difference

I want the fastest chip that overclocks nice and will still be a good chip in a years time. also the fastest and most stable board that runs well in SLI.

3. On the XFX board, next to the RAM slots there is a molex socket, what is it for? do you need to give it power?
If needed i'm getting the parts from Ebuyer.com
Thanks for the help
:)
 
I would go with the e8400. I can speak from experience that it is awesome....I just up it to 4.20ghz recently.

I think at least one member here has pushed past 4.8Ghz.
 
Personally get the quad. Sure you can overclock the CPU higher but when the quad is already set in the high 2's ghz times that by 4 and you already have more speed than the worlds best overclocked 6.2ghz processor. Hypothetically.
 
The P5N-D has a problem if you running sli with larger cards. I can only use 2 SATA ports because my second 9800gtx sits right in top of the ports also there is not much room in between the 2 gpu's so you need a case with realy good airflow if your using 2 big video cards
 
Thanks people :) I have gone with the Q6600 and the 680i. does anyone know what the molex connector on the motherboard is for? do i need to connect a cable in to it?
 
Back
Top