Help choose a case for my build

Mike44pl

I'm building a machine with these parts:
CPU: Intel i7 2600k
Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Pro
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)
GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 570
Storage: 2TB western digital 7200RPM black
Optical Drive: Samsung SH223
Case: Fractal Design R3
PSU: Corsair CMPSU-850HX 850 Watt
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

I want a case with plenty of space to work in, it needs to fit my Graphics Card(It's almost 11.5 inches long), and MID-TOWER. My budget is 110$. I'd like it to have cool looks and lighting, but funcionality still comes before looks. I was looking at two particular cases: the Fractal Design R3 and the NZXT Temptest EVO. Any help appreciated.

Manakore

Its a quiet, constant hum. Definitely louder than my bros Dell Studio, but it is also twice as big with 3 times the amount of fans. I don't think its really that loud at all.

Benny Boy

As long as you have an available 5.25" Drive bay, it will work.
Your mb has 4 fan headers. CPU 1-4pin, 2-3pin, and 1-4pin fan header that a 3pin will work with(the 4th pin isn't used).
So for case fans you'd have 3 on the mb that could be controlled by software, and the controller supports 5. So, however you want to configure it.

Mike44pl

As long as you have an available 5.25" Drive bay, it will work.
Your mb has 4 fan headers. CPU 1-4pin, 2-3pin, and 1-4pin fan header that a 3pin will work with(the 4th pin isn't used).
So for case fans you'd have 3 on the mb that could be controlled by software, and the controller supports 5. So, however you want to configure it.

OK thanks a lot, i'm pretty stable on choosing my temptest evo with the Fan Controller.

john90009

thats pretty sick i think imma add one to my build with a coolermaster haf X. would the fan kinda control itself when it gets to hot or if you keep it quit the temp will slowly rise and you dont notice it and things start to fry?

Mike44pl

thats pretty sick i think imma add one to my build with a coolermaster haf X. would the fan kinda control itself when it gets to hot or if you keep it quit the temp will slowly rise and you dont notice it and things start to fry?

Yes, it alerts you when the temperature gets high and there is automatic mode where you set it to turn fans on/off on certain temperatures. Im not 100% sure about that though.