Help - Comp Died

fakonk

My step-dad's computer died after a power outage we had a few days ago. It is this computer here:

http://www.epinions.com/HP_Pavilion..._ABA__Desktops_D9290A_ABA/display_~full_specs

It was off and connected to this powerbar when the power went off. When he tried to turn it on the next day, no response.

The monitor and printer, which are hooked up to the same powerbar, are working, so the power bar is alright.

I figured the computer, being 4 years old, finally just died. But he thinks it's the power source. Is it possible that the power source can get messed up even if it's hooked up to a surge protecting power bar?

Thanks,
Bri

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Every socket is working on the power bar? Have you tried to plug the computer in another outlet?
If the computer's PSU got really fried, then contact Belkin because they offer a connected equipment warranty.

fakonk

Yes I tried another outlet. I'll let him know to contact Belkin. But how long does that warranty last? I think he got the power bar along with the computer (over 4 years ago).

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
It depends on the model. I couldn't find that particular power bar model at Belkin's website, but most products have lifetime warranty.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
For that power supply I dont often see lifetime warranties on them ... usually 3-5 years .. i could be wrong :)

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
friendshipraj said:
hey psu only i year warenty so u must change ur psu immediately...
:confused: That warranty is about any electric equipment plugged in the power surge protection.
Besides, what's the hurry? It's a 4 year old computer!

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
The lifetime warranty is for the power surge protection adapter, not the PSU.
I know. I meant to say power bar. Often those bars dont come with lifetimes :)