Help!! Computer won't boot

coleman64

Tried to start my desktop up yesterday and apparently it won't boot up. Goes to the boot menu nothing works. It's a dell optiplex 755 windows 7. Not much of a computer guy really need help to fix any help is appriciated.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Can you post a screen shot or video of what actually happens? We need to know exactly what its displaying to help.

coleman64

Sorry was a little busy here's a few pictures. Nothing in the boot menu will help as far as I can tell. I'm not very tech savy don't really know what I'm doing all help is appreciated.

coleman64

Sorry was a little busy here's a few pictures. Nothing in the boot menu will help as far as I can tell. I'm not very tech savy don't really know what I'm doing all help is appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 63

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like you are using a different boot loader then windows. Are you dual booting with another operating system somewhere? If not, you would need to use the windows 7 dvd to repair the windows bootloader.

coleman64

I can't get it to load anymore pics from my phone but it comes up with an error 15 can't boot press any button to continue before it goes to the boot menu

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You didn't answer my question if you were dual booting with another operating system. If you only have windows 7, then use the windows 7 install dvd to repair the OS. There may be a possibility that the hard drive may be failing.

coleman64

Well I had the computer refine by a friend of mine he is a pretty good computer guy I know he has put windows 7 on computers that didnt come with it so there may be a possibility that it had a different operating system at one point if that answers your question.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Well, if your friend is good at computers then you should have him figure out whats wrong with it. We don't know your setup. Its either a boot loader issue or a failing hard drive possibility. If you have important data on the drive you need to get it backed up as soon as possible.

pane-free

Suggestion:
Use Puppy Linux either LiveCD or LiveUSB and mount the partitions. Once mounted via Puppy, they can be backed up either on a USB device or by burning to CD or DVD.
Puppy has the option of using GRUB4DOS as a boot loader, as well.
Here's a link for Slacko Puppy

Agent Smith

You can boot a live disk like mentioned above and access data on the hard drive and copy/paste to another drive or USB drive.

SATA to USB adapters work too.

i_hate_toms

Looks like you are using a different boot loader then windows. Are you dual booting with another operating system somewhere? If not, you would need to use the windows 7 dvd to repair the windows bootloader.
John, this is a Windows 7 crack.
I used it once, long time back, on my desktop computer which came with Windows Vista.
It installs code which emulate an OEM BIOS, and then activates an OEM license
for Windows 7.
I guess we're not allowed to discuss cracks here, so I won't write anything else.