Help, Confused over power supply for HP 2011xi Monitor

johnnyb58

I had two HP computers with monitors in my family room so both my wife and I could use the computer at the same time. My wife started using her smart phone instead of the computer so I packed up the extra computer and put it up.

So now I need it again, but what I thought was the power supply for the monitor has a different output voltage and I’m afraid to plug it in. According to the HP monitor specs it is supposed to be a 12v power supply, but the power supply says 19v which I would think it would fry it.

I’ve looked everywhere and I can’t find another power supply in my house that’s even close to 12v.Also the name on the power supply says Delta Electronics and not HP. Now I know manufactures sometimes use other manufactures stuff and I would accept it if the voltage was closer to the monitor rating.

Can any body tell me for sure if the power supply I have is the one for the HP monitor?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
If it was for the monitor, it wouldn't be 19 volts and you wouldn't be worried it would fry the monitor.

johnnyb58

If it was for the monitor, it wouldn't be 19 volts and you wouldn't be worried it would fry the monitor.
Thanks, I now think the 19v power supply may actually be for a printer because I just found another 19v power supply that say it goes to a deskjet printer. I got got rid of some old printers and think I have tossed the wrong power supply. Dam I guess I'm going to have to buy another one for the monitor.

I'm going to get a white paint pen and write on each power supply I have what they go to. I wish these thing were already marked form each manufacture.