HELP? Connecting my Laptop to my Plasma Screen TV

Pauly73Drifter

Hey guys, I am a bit stuck here. Therefore, I need help!

I have just purchased a computer monitor cable to connect my laptop to my plasma. However I think it was a waste of time and money. I plug one end in the plasma, one end in the laptop, turn the plasma to the pc channel and then my plasma states it has no signal??? Why is this happening? Is there something I need to install? I have all my drivers and stuff installed for my computer and graphics card etc.

Specs of my laptop:
Compaq V3000
AMD Turion 64 X 2 - 1.61GHz Dual Core Processor
NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 256mb Graphics Card
2GB DDR2 Ram, 320GB Sata HD

I have asked a few shops and they have stated I should go for the S-Video PC cable instead. Will that work?

Cheers, all help appreciated!

Pauly73Drifter

Hey there, I just adjusted a few settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel and I have managed to get a picture on the plasma. Howver, I have no sound coming from the plasma, only from my laptop. Help would be appreciated! Thankyou

Pauly73Drifter

Disregard this post! I connected a microphone cable from my laptop to my AUX on my amp. Now have picture and surround sound. Cheers!

m0nk3ys1ms

Hey there, I just adjusted a few settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel and I have managed to get a picture on the plasma. Howver, I have no sound coming from the plasma, only from my laptop. Help would be appreciated! Thankyou

I would recommend using an VGA cable over a S-Video connection. The VGA will give a much better picture, if you TV supports it.