help :D

orli12

well the story goes like this, i bought a new computer 3 years ago, gtx 660, intel i5, new screen (CTX). at the begining everthing worked perfectly fine, but at some point things were a little bit off. i had crashes and such. i had the best resolution supported by this screen, but at some point it lowered to 1260X860(something like that). so i figured i just need to chaged the resolution in the settings, but i have only 2 options (this one, and 640X800), and in the past i had around 10 different options. what do i do? how can i change my resolution to what it should be? furthermore, i have another problem with this computer, whenever i turn the computer on, it shows ans starts as it should, windows sign and all, but when the computer enter to the desktop suddenly the screen goes black and i need to turn off and on to get it back. it happens sometimes when i open new programs or games as well. really annoying, really hope u guys can help me!

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like a video card problem. If you can get it to boot into windows then update your video drivers and see what happens.

Deadpool

That is the most common syntom of lack of GPU drivers. Install them and all the resolutions should appear again.