Help decide what card to buy

xAzNKoBstAx

Advice on what graphics card to buy

Hi everyone, its my first post :) .. Anyways, i've been thinking for a couple of days what graphics card to upgrade to. I'm buying a new computer which is high end, 3.4 ghz pent.4, 1gb(2x512mb) PC3200 corsair xms ram, ASUS P5AD2-E Premium 925XE, and a new case but on my old computer, which i am going to use still, i have an ATI 9800 128mb pro. I was deciding to get a better card, because I probably won't upgrade my computer for a while. I also have the budget to spend money on a good card. I was even looking into buying an ATI x800 xt PE, but its sold out like everywhere =( ... is it worth it to get a 256mb 9800 pro? or maybe even a ATI x800 pro? Basically, i have a flexible budget. My other last option is to just stay with the 128mb 9800 pro, buy a 9700 pro from my friend cheap and wait till the prices and demand kinda dies down a bit =\

O yea... I usually go with ATI cards as u can see :D

Last edited:

crypter

I dont know too much but from what i read nvidia's beat ati this year in the price/performance ratio, Even some ATI guys agree with that, but i think thoes were the more top of the line cards.

supernoob

well....

Im looking for a 9800 pro, so if you do need another card........I can put some extra cash in your pocket.