Help deleting file

Gamoholic

I have a problem. There is a file on my flash drive (32GB) that freaked out and says it is 237GB! Not only that, but I cannot delete the file, even File Shredder wouldn't do it. It doesn't seem to take up extra space, but I want to get rid of it. Any suggestions?

lubo4444

Cant you just back up your important documents on some other hard drive and then format this one and you should be good to go?

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
LoL man just delete that file using the NTFS4DOS or even better Linux Ubuntu 9.04.I recommend Linux Ubuntu 9.04.Its really simple.Just boot it from the CD and delete that file and thats it.No more no less.:D

Gamoholic

Thank you S.T.A.R.S. your suggestion of Ubuntu worked perfectly. It only took about .0001 seconds and it was gone.

tremmor

NTFSDOS still works well. does it.
put it back on the list.
worked well before. just forgot.

Flaring Afro

You could probably just do a reformat as well. Make sure you don't pull out the flash drive while it's being saved on because that is very likely how that file became corrupted.

stiffinger

help deleting a file

could be a virus attached. Use Malwarebytes to scan it by right clicking on the file on the flashdrive and selecting malwarebytes. Then if the file is still locked, use Malwarebytes delete locked files feature by clicking on 'More Tools' and then run 'FileASSASSIN'.:)

Gamoholic

Thanks stiffinger, but I already got rid of it. Besides, I had scanned my flashdrive numerous times with MBAM already and it didn't care about that file.