Help erase problem

Apathetic

What I want to do is delete everything on my computer but keep the os on so its like its all new and stuff. Anyone know how to do this besides going around and just deleting stuff?

lynx6200

I would think the asiest way would be to just insert your windows cd, do a reformat, an re-install windows, or use your restore disk if its from a manufacturer like dell.

Try a system restore to the earyiest date you can...but if you don't have a system restore disk theres really nothing you can do besides deleteing every hing yourself...and i assume you dont have a copy of windows on a disk...

Apathetic

when i right click and go to new theres an option I dont want there and I thought I already deleted it so how whould I delete it?

Apathetic said:
when i right click and go to new theres an option I dont want there and I thought I already deleted it so how whould I delete it?
usually some program on your computer puts that there, and if you already deleted the program u think it is, theres prolly still some parts of the program somewhere on ur comp

alanuofm

VIP Member
you probably want to reformat? pop in the windows cd and make sure the cdrom drive is the first boot device which it should be. then follow directions. easy as that. or you can go to add/remove program and uninstall away.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Grab TweakUI from Micrsoft and under the "templates" tab you can delete that entry