Help?! Found part of something, what is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FridaJo

bild-234_58880304.jpg

This card fell out of my shirt when I sat down in the sofa, I have no idea where it belongs and though I don't feel like it needs to be anything important since it's covered in paper, I would like to know what it is. I thought this might be a good place to ask. I'm sorry about the poor image quality.

zombine210

did u buy a book recently?
these are used to set off the merchandise detectors at stores to prevent shoplifting, i've seen them hidden between book pages.
it's safe to throw out.

FridaJo

Thank you, I picked up a couple of library books today, that must be it! Thank you :)

I don't think I dare to throw it out, but I will take it with me when I return the books, so they can claim it if they want to.

JlCollins005

yes i do have a problem wiv people who make accounts just to ask one question then disapper :)

this forum is to help people so if they only get on once to ask a question then so be it, but we like to see people come back. What i have a problem with is some one that uses Wiv instead of with.

Enjoi

banned
did u buy a book recently?
these are used to set off the merchandise detectors at stores to prevent shoplifting, i've seen them hidden between book pages.
it's safe to throw out.

Yep, that is exactly what it is. :good:

yes i do have a problem wiv people who make accounts just to ask one question then disapper :)

I wouldn't worry yourself over it too much. After all, the forum is here to help people. If they get all their questions answered in one thread, they are by no means obligated to stick around and become an indentured CF servant just because we helped them.

FridaJo

I see nice people above me who don't seem to mind me posting here and I don't remember commiting to doing a certin number of posts a week when I read the agreement to join. I'm sorry that you have a problem with me (though I don't understand where you got the idea that I disappered), it must be exhausting to be so irritable.

Thank you (the rest of you) for helping me find an answer to my question :)

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I wouldn't worry yourself over it too much. After all, the forum is here to help people. If they get all their questions answered in one thread, they are by no means obligated to stick around and become an indentured CF servant just because we helped them.

He's thirteen. He has no idea what he's talking about :p

bomberboysk

Thats just your standard electromagnetic security tag, its used on all sorts of things, electronics, books, etc.

Feel free to make an account just to ask a question...all we really ask is not to make a new account every time you have a question and use the account you already have. The forum is here for help, (many/most) people are here to help you out;)

Last edited:

brian

VIP Member
Ok, I think his question has been answered.; It is an RFID security tag.

Jackassluver -- Just a warning, Users are allowed to sign up at free will if they comply with the terms of use. Please do not insult or intimidate new or any user

Status
Not open for further replies.