HELP: I can't get Windows XP theme back!

Lost

A couple of weeks ago I downloaded a Halloween theme off of CNET. It was cute. Everything was gray and orange. The buttons in the top bar of Internet Explorer; such as minimize, maximize, etc.; were replaced with a skeleton and pumpkins. Even my "Start was replaced with eerie letters and a coffin next to it that opens with a mouseover. However, once Halloween was done I needed to change the theme back to the XP theme. Well, it won't allow me to do this. It will say "please wait" when I change it and then nothing changes. I have tried to delete the theme, and that doesn't work. I have tried to restart the computer and do it all over, and that doesn't work. And everytime I go back into Display it doesn't even say it's on XP theme it says Windows Classic theme, even though it is still on this stupid Halloween theme, which is no longer cute. I know that solving this problem is going to get more technical than what I am used to, so PLEASE HELP and if you have advice and please put it into something an idiot could read. LOL