Help!! I cant load windows

ENSUEchaos

this is what comes up on my screen when i turn it on...

Award BootBlock BIOS v1.0
Copyright (c) 2000, Award Software, Inc.

BIOS ROM checksum error

Detecting floppy drive A media . . .
Drive A error. System halt

These are my specs:

SOLTEK SL-K8AN2E-GR
AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 512k L2 Cache
LITEON CDRW 52X32X52X
WD Raptor HD 74GB 10,000RPM 8MB
NEC 1.44MB Floppy
Thermaltake W0014 Silent Purepower 480W with Black housing - Xaser Edition ATX 2-Fan Power Supply
Corsair Value Select Dual Channel Kit 184 Pin 1G(512MBx2) DDR400/PC3200 200MHz

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks

Rambo

Detecting floppy drive A media . . .

Ermmm, is there something in the floppy drive?

I had problems in my old computer when i rebooted it with a floppy in the drive. This is because the Floppy drive is higher up in the boot order than the hard disk drive... I might be wrong, but it just seems to me that there is something in the floppy drive, judging by the fact that it said it was reading the floppy drive A media :D :p

Adam Warren

Rambo said:
Ermmm, is there something in the floppy drive?

I had problems in my old computer when i rebooted it with a floppy in the drive. This is because the Floppy drive is higher up in the boot order than the hard disk drive... I might be wrong, but it just seems to me that there is something in the floppy drive, judging by the fact that it said it was reading the floppy drive A media :D :p

ohhhh buddy, that used to happen on mine to, pissed me off, that sounds like whats wrong tho :)

if the floppy is broke or thinks it has a disk loaded you should be able to change the boot sequence in the bios, i.e. from trying A:\ before C:\, you should be able to tell it to boot straight from C:\ and therefore bypassing the floppy, you can change it back just as easily,
I have this on my comp cos the wife keeps leaving floppys in the drive, I dont even use the damn things anymore.

bradbd

I have this exact same problem except for one thing...
...I have no floppy drive?!?

So why is it telling me that I have a Drive A error if I have no Drive A :confused: ?

Also how do you tell your computer to boot from /C and skip /A?

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thankyou in advance.

ENSUEchaos

bradbd said:
I have this exact same problem except for one thing...
...I have no floppy drive?!?

So why is it telling me that I have a Drive A error if I have no Drive A :confused: ?

Also how do you tell your computer to boot from /C and skip /A?

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thankyou in advance.
ok i found the problem, one of my memory sticks were messed up and that prevented all the loading, i dunno why but when i took out the second stick it worked

so id check that problem if that same thing happened :)

Phatxam

Hey man, I just had that same problem yesterday. It was annoying but I fixed it. Taking out the battey dont work. It has nothing to do with the floppy. It means your Motherboards Bios has an error. What I did is I went to my mobos website and downloaded a Bios update and that fixed it. :p