help !!! i have only a week

G_me

hi i need help with building my next computer i live in Israel and i want to send the parts to Israel (i have family coming from america to Israel soon and if i ship it to there house they could bring it when they come :D )

the big probelem is that i dont know what to buy...

i saw this nice graphics card : HIS X800XL IceQ II Turbo 256MB PCIe
i would like to know what u think about it ?
$288 on newegg (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814161132&CMP=OTC-pr1c3watch&ATT=Video+Cards)

i want a good AMD 64 but i dont know which ?
i am thinking about the :AMD ATHLON 64BIT 3200+ 512K 939PIN BOX
but i dont know what core to get i need something good for gamming...(i would like a link to newegg with the one u think i should take)

and some 512mb RAM for now when i have the money i will get more :D
i want : DDR II 512MB 533 MAJOR
in Israel it costs $51 (is that a good price ?)

and i need a good Pci Express motherboard to run it all and i have no idea which to choose ? i would like a mobo with crossfire :D

my budget is about $700-800

thanks so much to whoever will help me :D

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Lol

I think there's a problem. First of all, DDR II is not suppported by AMD yet. Therefore, you cannot use it. Now as to the graphics card, it is nice. Equally so, however, your budget is too low for what you want. DO you have the rest of the components? Venice or San Diego cores are good. The best solution for AMD processors is the Nforce 4 Ultra/SLI chipset based stuff. You can rund Nvidia cards in SLI ;). Get the 6800Ultra and you got yourself a better performing card.

JAN :D

G_me

about the ram i forgot that AMD wont work with DDRII what i want is : Major DDR 512MB 400MHZ MAJOR for $55 . is that a good price?

and i have the rest (40gb hard drive it is 2 years old ) a case and power supply and cd ...

G_me

thanks for the ram but what i need to know is if i should wait for crossfire mobo or get a mobo now and buy a nother one crossfire later ?

does nForce4 work better with GeForce or is it the same with ATI (x800xl) :confused:

Last edited:

Camper

does nForce4 work better with GeForce or is it the same with ATI (x800xl)
The Nforce 4 will work both cards just fine.
but what i need to know is if i should wait for crossfire mobo or get a mobo now and buy another one crossfire later ?
If you are trying to save on shipping cost get an older mobo now with the nForce chipset and get a crossfire one latter or you can buy two 6600GT’s 6800 or 7800’s and run SLI and not wate.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Yes..

G_me said:

I know ;). It's basically the SLI version with the Ultra chip. You can, as I have discovered on the net, use SLI on it as well ;). However, you need to mod the ultra chipset into an SLI. The newest driver 77.72 would not even require you to have a bridge ;). You would flash the BIOS with the SLI one and you would have a full SLI board.

READ THIS: http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.asp?xi=2322

READ THIS: http://www.anandtech.com/news/shownews.aspx?i=24446

JAN :D

Last edited:

G_me

but i dont need SLI because i am getting a HIS X800XL IceQ II .
i want a mobo that will be good but not expensive so that later i could buy a crossfire board :D

G_me

i dont need SLI i am getting a x800xl ...

and my buget for a mobo is $160+-

Last edited:

G_me

i think i will take the :ASUS A8N-E - 939 (nForce4 Ultra) - ATX

is that good or does someone disagree ?