HELP* Identify motherboard connector

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
There are some OEM motherboards that require a 10 pin connector, I believe we just had a thread about this not too long ago and it was a lenovo desktop pc. What brand is yours?

Darren

Staff member
Huh, never seen that before. What does it run to? Looks like a front IO connector of some sort. Might contain all the connections for the power button, reset switch, etc. Usually those are paired off individually but I've seen them all combined into one plug before.

cmccoy9014

It’s for proprietary end use equipment but these connectors are universal type for USB, VGA, serial etc. I am having a hard time finding these cables to use monitor, mouse and keyboard. Motherboard brand is Adlink.

Thanks for the time.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I am having a hard time finding these cables to use monitor, mouse and keyboard.
Not sure of your question here. Keyboard and mouse is usb. Monitor would be dvi/hdmi. If you can explain more in detail of what you are wanting then that would help.

cmccoy9014

I need the connector type that connects directly to the MB. I don’t know what type connector that is. That way I am able to get a cable that supports that connector type to HDMI,USB,VGA etc.

Darren

Staff member
I need the connector type that connects directly to the MB. I don’t know what type connector that is. That way I am able to get a cable that supports that connector type to HDMI,USB,VGA etc.

You're gonna have to contact the manufacturer. That's a proprietary connection for a very non standard motherboard. Likely specific to that manufacturer. Personally I'd be quite surprised if that carried a video signal, and usually video connectors are not directly out of the board like that.

Agent Smith

Go to Adlink's website and contact them. State the exact motherboard model and the link to a pic upload of that connector. imgur.com is a good place to share images.