webmaster1105

It should be a simple website containing following links:-

- Home
- Our projects
- Contact US
- About US
And some more links

I also want to add a slideshow in the home page and a donate button

I am running a website (the undersigned) on wordpress and its fabulous but I dont have exposure to joomla or Drupal.

Should I use wordpress again or go for some other application.

Plz suggest :)

techdude

Well then you want a CMS or Content Management System, or you could always custom code the HTML & CSS.

Wordpress is designed as a blogging platform, but it could do what you want. Joomla in my opinion is amazing, we tend to use it for several projects and there are several tutorials available for Joomla. Joomla also allows for installing modules and plugins which would allow you to add in a donate button and a slideshow.

webmaster1105

@techdude

Thanks a lot. Even I am also thinking Joomla would be the best. But folks says Joomla is not good for SEO. Is there any plugin or suggestion to get a good SEO from Joomla.

Thanks in advance

tlarkin

VIP Member
I am not a web developer by trade but I use Drupal, mostly because the server side tools are the best out there for a CMS.

Also, I like Drupal's simple approach. It has a one click install and simple themes that you can modify the CSS on and make your own.

Drupal is truly a framework. It is what you make it to be. My friends who run their own web development company build most their sites on drupal these days.

The monolithic approach of building it from scratch is slowly fading away. That is why Drupal is really a frame work. Sure it is a CMS and sure it has it's flaws just like anything else, but when you can slap together a bad ass fully functional site backed by a database in under 10 minutes you can spend more of your time improving the user experience.

Enjoi

banned
I always suggest Wordpress. It is by far the largest, so it has a monstrous community behind it that is always cranking out new plug-ins and themes if you decide you want to use one that is pre-made.

It is targeted to bloggers, but just like the others, it can be built from the ground up as whatever you want it to be. It uses the standard PHP with an SQL back end, so no surprises there. I have made several themes for Wordpress and the process is fairly painless so long as you have a reasonable comfort level with PHP.

Basically any well known CMS will work for you, but I figure if you are going to use one, you might as well use the one with the most support.