Help! Is there an external disk drive for a chromebook

mparra04

I was given a chromebook as a gift, but I need a disk drive for one of my text books study guides. I bought one from staples and the employee there said it was compatible for chrome os. I tried and its not. is there a desk drive that is compatible with chrome os? I know I can't play music or dvd and I am fine with that. I just need for a text book quiz study guide.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-11-...mc-flash-memory-black/5578003.p?skuId=5578003

Last edited:

SpArtol

I need a USB external CD/dvd driver for my chromebook so I can install a study guide that is on a cd. I couldn't find one that was compatible at my local stores, so I was wondering if anyone here knew of one that is compatible with chrome os, so they can send me a the link. I would greatly appreciate it :)

beers

Staff member
What's your definition of install? What kind of installer is it? .exe isn't going to happen.

SpArtol

A google search is the first thing I did, but I couldn't find one that said is was chrome os compatible. That's why I came here.

What's your definition of install? What kind of installer is it? .exe isn't going to happen.

Beers I have a cd that came with the text book. all i need is a way to load it on my chromebook. I can't do that without some kind of external desk drive. I just want to know if there are some that are compatible and where can I get it.

beers

Staff member
Just have someone dump the contents into a flash drive or email you a zip of the contents. It doesn't have to be this hard

SpArtol

How do I even do that? I don't know much when it comes to all this. That's why I came here for help. Is there or is there not a compatible desk drive for chrome os out there? Thats all I need to know.

_Kyle_

I really do not understand what is going wrong. If you go to your files the drive should appear, so this is beyond my level of computer knowledge.

SpArtol

When I try downloading the drivers for the external desk drive that comes with it. Itsays it's not compatible.

_Kyle_

When I try downloading the drivers for the external desk drive that comes with it. Itsays it's not compatible.
That makes sense. Chrome OS does not have much software support. What I find strange is Chrome OS should already have drivers built in.