Help keeps freezing

Jiffyman

Why do you think my computer keeps freezing

Here are my specs

Amd athlon: 1.66 ghrz
Video: Nivida Geoforce 2 dual display
Board: ASUS A7N266-VM with tempurature sensor
Ram: DDR 256
Harddrive: Segate 160 gig, but it acts like it only has 127 gig.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
At what point does it freeze? are you running somthing? gaming? is it on for 30 minutes first? 5 minutes? could be a bunch of stuff. Could be memory, psu, overheat, spyware, virus.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Yeah, we need more info...

As for your HD, I know you didn't ask, but updating windows and/or your bios should get you the rest of the space :p

Jiffyman

More info

Alright sorry guys, see the computer only freezes during the login process and it doesn't happen all the time. It's a fresh install just got done updating it yesterday, so i don't think it's something with the os. Not unless it's the Motherboard Monitor software, but I made sure that the model number matched my board.

Trizoy

VIP Member
Well first of all where is your computer? Take it out of the freezer... ok that was bad...

Go to run and type "msconfig", go to the startup tab and see if there are programs satrting which you dont want to start. I take off everything. Deselect what you dont want restart and see if thats it. Otherwise try looking in the admin event viewer to show if anything showed up in there. Those are under control panels administrative tools event viewer. Look for the RED marks, those are bad.

Pyotr

You want to install service pack 1 (I think) to get all those 160 Gb of your HD. I don't think just updating Windows'll do it. But I've been wrong before. :p

Jiffyman

Nice Tip

First of all thanks for the tip on upgrading but it didn't help. Second now my computer sometimes freezes during boot. What the hell :mad: