Help me decide: ps3 or 360

m0nk3ys1ms

I highly, highly, highly recommend the 360 over the PS3. All the PS3's games are rubbish. Resistance is a sorry excuse for a shooter. The 360 on the other hand has all the big name titles (Gears of War, Halo 3, Mass Effect, PGR4) and Live is truly superior to the Playstation Network. The 360 is definitely the better buy.

hermeslyre

VIP Member
I've heard resistance is a great excuse of a shooter. :p

The Ps3 has Ratchet and clank, final fantasy, kingdom Hearts, God of War, Gran Turismo, METAL GEAR SOLID!!, littlebigplanet and Uncharted: Drake's fortune, among others. Uncharted is made by naughty dog, the guys behind the excellent jak and daxter games. Oh, and there are rumors the often-overlooked, but supreme Okami is going to have next-gen sequel.. where else but the PS3?

chrislo

Nah, I'm a pro, by now I better be. I've been through all this with my Ps2, like I mentioned, I know better than to continue to play discs after I discover circular scratches on them. My copy of oblivion just started to do that, when I knew something was up. I got it all resolved, not much damage, the third system, a feb of 2007 i believe, worked fine, like a charm.

As for console of choice, The Wii, because Nintendo is the single greatest game developer on the planet, they release consistently good titles every year, some of the most enjoyable, as well. Out of the 360 and Ps3, I dunno. They both have a shitload of awesome games exclusive to their respective platforms, I would've chosen the PS3 a couple months ago, but with several major developers jumping ship laely, and pulling exclusivity, it makes the decision that much harder.

You did the right thing. Should take advantage of Microsoft's offer. As for choice of game system it depends on your interest. If you are more into kid games you get a Wii. If you like more adult orientated games you get a PS3 or Xbox 360. I personally chose the 360 since I am a big Halo fan and most of the other games I want like GTA 4 are either 360 exclusives or multi-platform.

I had good experiences with both Microsoft and Sony but in the end it came down to the price and the 360 won. If I had the money I would spring for a PS3 also because the Killzone games, the new Ratchet and Clank game, and Resistance: Fall of Man look really good.

Last edited:

hermeslyre

VIP Member
lol, while I admit that Nintendo consoles tend to attract more children-oriented developers, I wouldn't go so far as to say that the Wii is itself child-oriented, or towards those interested in children's games. RE4, Zelda, Super smash bros. Brawl, Fire Emblem, Animal crossing, Tales of symphonia, are just a small number of the simply great, fun games for the Wii. And really, can you put an age-limit on fun? :D

Plus, i'm tired of these non-changing entities we call consoles. UP TEH GRAFIX!!1! MOAR GUNZ! blah, blah, blah. Most every game that will be made for either the Xbox 360, or playstation 3, will have been done before. Can't say the same for the Wii! Plus using the wiimote as a lightsaber is going to be hella fun.

chrislo

Well like you said its not really the system its the developers it attracts. I would be lying if I said I didn't find the Wii intriguing. The new kind of control has really captured my interest. I might find myself even one day owning one. Other than the controller the other feature that really captured my interest was the ability to download games. I just wish Nintendo didn't abandon online features and HD resolutions when creating this system. Though I guess that is what allowed it to cost so little.

I would really like to see a sword base game, Star Wars or even a medieval game. Your right many games have been done before but I still find them extremely fun to play. Mass Effect, Halo 3, GTA 4, Bioshock, etc, etc for the most part have been done in one way or another but I still can play them for hours and never get bored.

Kornowski

VIP Member
I'd go for the 360, Chris. Most of our friends have 'em, cheaper, better games, I think it'd be a smarter choice :)

chrislo

Better games indeed, Microsoft did their homework for the 360 and got some good game developers for the system. I also forgot to mention Gears of War, another fun shooter.

DirtyD86

banned
still waiting on apple and mr. jobs to get involved in the console wars :rolleyes:

but honestly i would go with the 360. it is very well established, has a number of great games to choose from, xboxlive is great, etc. it just seems like the most well rounded console available at the moment.

chrislo

I just don't see it when the Mac platform is so unfriendly to gamers. Yea you can probably play games using Boot Camp but its not the same thing. Most of the games made for computers are made for the PC. Apple really needs to get developers to make Mac versions of their games so they can grab a larger share of the market.

On a side note I been hearing for awhile that Microsoft plans on making a portable system to take on offerings from Nintendo and Sony.