Help me find a laptop for under $1000

ridiculous

Ok, I am currently in the market for a laptop. I don't know ANYTHING about computers, so I am asking for some help as to what I should get. I would be using this computer mainly just to surf the web, use AIM, download and manage music (I have about 2,000 songs), and type up word documents and such for school. Thats about it... I'm not going to be playing games or anything on it. Idealy I'm looking to spend ~900, but I will go up to $1,000 if necessary. I cannot spend more than $1,000. If anyone has suggestions as to what computer I should get, or what I should be looking for, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Check out Averatec. I got my 3270 for about $700. The battery life isn't the greatest, but it's quite powerful for the price. It also has a DVD-RW(so you could burn DVDs or CDs)

Now, I don't know if you want a large screen or anything. This particular model has a 12.1" screen. I don't mind it, but I'm not sure if you'd want something bigger.
Lappy.jpg

Masterp9896

Ok Dell has this sweet deal going on on the 6000. put in the e-code "1111-i6000pc" and you get a sick laptop config for $999. Its def the best deal iv found.

Kix

I ordered it. With all taxes and stuff, it's total $1,137.25. Thx for advice, although I didn't ask it. :p

DCIScouts

VIP Member
With what you're going to be using this computer for, I'd just keep an eye out in the Sunday paper for the deals going on at the local retailers... Since it's coming up to Back To School time, they usually have some very good deals, plus you get it right then and there, and then can mess with it so that you can see if it's what you want, plus no shipping!