help me get the gamers edge!

tboski123

ok, here is my system, amd 2400+xp 266 fsb 256 l2, asus a7n8x-la(have not found on bit of info on this board. i think it is a micro-atx version of a -x or -va. has nvidia chipset ) 1gb corsair xms 2700, and x800 pro 256mb video card. so, when i play, there are pros and cons.( we will use doom 3 and counter strike:source for my examples because they have same probs). the good thing is the rendering of the graphics is great. no complaints. however, my problem is when i am moving fast or lots of action is going on, there are those subtle distorted lines that come about the screen and with that, sometimes the game lags for a sec and othertimes it doesn't(is this a processor bottleneck). anyway, i have upgraded most of the necessary hardware except the processor and i have done all of the virus, adaware, spybot, and optimization crap . plus i have done some tweaking on the ati tool i have and i am getting an avg. of 300fps on that 3d model it shows but on the counter strike stress test i am only getting 66fps. wtf? so if anyone has any suggestions before i go and get a processor, please inform me. also, i am looking to get a amd 3000+ xp 333fsb because i think that is my mobo limit. will this help if all else fails! thanks for bearing with me with my continuous posts.

ps. 20-30 fps on counter strike. help!

Last edited:

ThePCmaN

well.. im sellin an AMD Athlon XP 3000+ with an after market HS+F w/ fan control.. for $130 shipped.. if that helps any.. LoL!!