Help Me Please

girly-girl

Praetor,

Yeah I think its a bootleg copy!! =( Could you give me a link to download it?!
LOL, you don't sleep much? cool so whenever I have a problem I'll be here to ask you! ^^

*Hugs*

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I dont have a link per-se but it's all over IRC as well as P2P. Course bootleg doesnt really matter as far as getting updates go... you just cant use the "clean and pretty" windows update feature. Just get a friend with a legit version to update everything and print out a list of all the updates. You can get the updates manually and install them one at a time

Fure6

I just like debates guys! :) too bad my school doesn't have a debate team...

you should have noticed girly-girl that he doens't sleep as much b/c he has had 258 posts, in less than a week! but all his posts are quality so he's off my hit list. ;)

it's good that you fixed everything.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
too bad my school doesn't have a debate team...
You mean a formal debating club/team? Dang dude those things look easy... but they're hard! (i was a debater for a couple years)

but all his posts are quality so he's off my hit list.
Good to know :p

girly-girl

Jimbob,

Yes I agree with you! Reformatting wasn't the answer I was hoping for!
Stop patronizing him or I'll kick your BUM!! ^_^

girly-girl

Praetor said:
I dont have a link per-se but it's all over IRC as well as P2P. Course bootleg doesnt really matter as far as getting updates go... you just cant use the "clean and pretty" windows update feature. Just get a friend with a legit version to update everything and print out a list of all the updates. You can get the updates manually and install them one at a time

Okay, thank you!

girly-girl

Fure6 said:
I just like debates guys! :) too bad my school doesn't have a debate team...

you should have noticed girly-girl that he doens't sleep as much b/c he has had 258 posts, in less than a week! but all his posts are quality so he's off my hit list. ;)

it's good that you fixed everything.

LOL!

72montecarlo

If your still in need of a product key i can send thru email an XPKey program i have and detailed instructions on how to use it. its only about 50kb in size. I was unable to install service pack 1 before but after running this program it searches for a workable key and it tells you how to change it to the one the program finds. After this SP1 installed with no problems.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
God I've installed WIndows so many times i can generate my own key :S (i typically Ghost once a day and do a full format once or twice every two weeks .. like to keep things clean and tip-top)

72montecarlo

Sorry bout that my broadband has been down for the past few days, repairman just came out today from insight so it appears to be working. 'girly-girl' whats your email so i can send you the program. Fure, i'll send it momentarily to the email you provided. sry again, nice to be back though.

Blind_Arrow

A script have been added to your Browser cache, I have had this problem, and installed Norton Anti-Virus script blocker, worked to some extent, this actually causes with some pop-ups adding scripts into your IE cache and thereafter in registry. best is to browser web with Netscape / Mozilla.

Sophocles

VIP Member
If spybot search and destroy didn't work then you could try hijackthis, its a little more pervasive but when you're facing a reinstall it can't hurt to try.

http://www.spychecker.com/program/hijackthis.html

Another nasty little spyware problem app is called DSO exploit. Spybot will catch it but as soon as you delete it with spybot it reinstalls itself, run spybot again and you'll see that its returned. Go here for the fix.

http://www.nsclean.com/dsostop.html

Last edited: