Help me... what is difference...

So I was looking at 3070's because my 970 is getting quite tired. There are multiples and I am not really sure the difference.

I do not overclock (mostly because I am lazy, but I have no real need)

#1, what is the difference between Gaming and Ventus? Aside from RGB, what is different with the 2nd vs the 3rd option?

Darren

Staff member
As a general rule, more expensive GPUs of the same type (3070) are going to have better cooling, better quality components to last longer, and potentially a better warranty. That said all of them will perform within probably 5 percent of each other, particularly if you're not overclocking. They might have slightly adjusted clock speeds but it's all really within margin of error and modern GPUs adjust clock speeds dynamically anyway.

I pay more attention to brand and warranty. EVGA is often considered the best for Nvidia, which is why I went with them for my 1080.

Brett_md

I do play some games like Borderlands, citys: skylines, and a little minecraft so I do want a decent card, I just dont game a TON.
Just my thought on this comment. I played borderlands on my GTX 1060. 3070 is overkill for such games. I've got a 3060 now and it's overkill. Reading your other comments though, it sounds like you're pretty convinced in your own mind that you need to go "bigger" even if not needed. Why not get a 3090 then? But seriously, those three cards will all suite your needs. If money is a question at all, just get the cheapest of the three. If not, get whichever one "speaks" to you the best.
Newegg has a handy "compare" feature, so you can see the card's differences side by side.

When I look at them and compare them. The Ventus 2x (dual fan) is the one I'd personally go with. Stats of the cards are all close enough and the shorter card saves me some space in the case.

Good luck deciding, if you haven't already.