Help me!

awildgoose

Alright, I just installed HL2 (from a gift I got before my format).
So it said it was 100% downloaded, so I clicked on it, then it had to update and such, so I went to play some CS:S.

That is when this came up
8_Untitled-2.png

I thought it must have had something to do with the updating HL2 so I waited.
HL2 completed so I wanted to play and the exact same thing came up.
Portal and G-mod also have the same thing come up.
and TF2.
All of my Source games have stuffed up!

Please help.

Last edited:

awildgoose

So I thought I should uninstall steam, so I went control panel uninstall crap (you know), but then I clicked cancel, but it did it anyway!

So know I have to bloody re-install all of my steam games and re download aa3.
F*ck hell.
Is there a site where I can download backups that people have made?
Because they are smaller than downloading the whole file.:angry: :angry:

:gun: steam

N3crosis

I put my curser over the link and down the bottom it said nelsonhaha...

Anyone?!

When you reinstall Steam you have to copy the "Steamapps" folder to a different location on your HDD, that will keep all of your games and saved files etc. If you didn't do that, then you will have to reinstall every game again.

Sorry man, you're pretty much out of luck. Happened to me about a year ago, a hdd died and I didn't have steam files backed up and had to redownload every game (luck for me I have pretty fast internet and no download cap) but I lost all my save games, there really isn't anything you can do except to redownload everything.

Aastii

VIP Member
goose you have lost everything i am afraid, going to have to reinstall and redo everything. If you have a backup drive, external hard drive or something similar then you can back your games up on that in future so this doesn't happen again :p

It has happened a couple of times to me and it sucks, only it sucks more for you because you are in a country with a lack of decent internet unfortunately.