Help needed for a new desktop computer

paulcheung

Active Member
HI all, I am thinking to build a new desktop computer, powerful enough which can play games in a decent speed also. I am thinking base on this intel processor, Can you guys give me some ideas? don't have to be name brand but good enough. about how much it would cost? there is so much different processor is confusing. what do you guys think about this processor? is it most cost effetive base on dollar and power?
Thank you in advance.
Paul

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...e=intel_processor_quad-_-19-115-225-_-Product

If I am going for AMD, it would be cheaper and still get the performance?
Can you guys help to choose these parts? can Amd system be done for $800?
Thank you

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103727
 
Last edited:
its all preferense ppl will tell u intel is the only way me i prefer amd it is cheaper and almost up to par with thew i7 only dif is it uses more power so if all u have is 800 go for amd quad core the one u have curently chosen.
 
its all preferense ppl will tell u intel is the only way me i prefer amd it is cheaper and almost up to par with thew i7 only dif is it uses more power so if all u have is 800 go for amd quad core the one u have curently chosen.

The amd main board and other part are cheaper too, don't they? how are those two compare to each other? both of them are quad core. if the amd use more power then I need a bigger psu.
Thank you.
 
Hey, I'm doing the same thing pretty much and I am posted above you, if you tell me what you think of my computer once you have some specs I will rate yours?

Good Luck!
 
The amd main board and other part are cheaper too, don't they? how are those two compare to each other? both of them are quad core. if the amd use more power then I need a bigger psu.
Thank you.

well most of the parts are cheaper but equaly good i find u pay for the name with intel the quality is the same as long as u stick with good brands
for power not really u should get a 850w id say for any good comp so it doesent really change anything their
 
well most of the parts are cheaper but equaly good i find u pay for the name with intel the quality is the same as long as u stick with good brands
for power not really u should get a 850w id say for any good comp so it doesent really change anything their

I have found that Intel tend to be more expensive compared to AMD as well, but I've always heard that Intel are more powerful over all. But I'm sure that is subject-able.
 
I have found that Intel tend to be more expensive compared to AMD as well, but I've always heard that Intel are more powerful over all. But I'm sure that is subject-able.

they are depending on what model for example a quad intel is slightly more powerfull then a quad amd depending on witch one but u can get a quad amd at 3.4 ghz for the prise of a duel core intel so in some cases they are much better for price and perfomance me i always get amd computers but over time you will built a preferance and deside if a little more speed is worth 2 to 3 times more the price
p.s sorry for spelling im a little drunk
 
Common component:
OS - $100
PSU - $100
DVD Burner - $25
HDD - $90
Case - $60

Subtotal: $375

Gaming Video cards - depends on budget - $160 - $400

intel build
core i7 930 - $290
X58 Mobo - $200 - 300
6GB RAM $170

AMD
Phenom II 965 - $190
4GB RAM - $110
Mobo - AMD 870 $100, AMD 890FX $180

Intel will be faster than AMD
 
Back
Top