Help Needed From The Computer Savvy!!

pucks214

Hello friends,

What happens with this new computer I have built is that when I turn it on, all of the necessary fans turn on and are functioning, but I never get to the BIOS screen, nothing appears on the monitor. I think my keyboard must require something else too because the fancy lights on it don't light up (my mouse does though).

Any ideas on how to fix this? I am sure it has something to do with the motherboard or possibly the motherboard. If you need me to post any specs I will. Thanks.

pucks214

ASUS P5QL-CM LGA 775 Intel G43 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Western Digital Caviar SE WD3200AAJS 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA Model GH22LS30 - OEM

Radeon 3650 HD video card, pcie 2.0 16

Rosewill RP500-2 500W ATX12V v2.01 Power Supply

Intel Pentium E2200 Allendale 2.2GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor

Kingston HyperX 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model KHX8500D2K2/2G - Retail

pucks214

If i remove the processor and turn on the computer, the exact same thing happens. Should i assume it is the problem?

lawson_jl

Your system is powering up but not booting. Are you recieving any beeps at start up? If not then either your cpu or motherboard is dead as you suspect.

mac550

Your system is powering up but not booting. Are you recieving any beeps at start up? If not then either your cpu or motherboard is dead as you suspect.

i would go that far yet.
try booting with only basic hardware, i.e. 1 RAM stick, no cd/dvd drive.
make sure all cable are in the right place and properly connected, reseat the CPU, reset the BIOS, try other hardware if possible, like the CPU in a different board and so on.

if everthing fails then think about RMA'ing the board or CPU depending on what happend when you go though and test everything

pucks214

i would go that far yet.
try booting with only basic hardware, i.e. 1 RAM stick, no cd/dvd drive.
make sure all cable are in the right place and properly connected, reseat the CPU, reset the BIOS, try other hardware if possible, like the CPU in a different board and so on.

if everthing fails then think about RMA'ing the board or CPU depending on what happend when you go though and test everything

Yeah, I've done all that, but how do I reset the BIOS from the board ?