:( Help! new build won't work!

ollie_93

hey guys,

recently built a new desktop pc. did everything i should of, i was grounded when assembling all the right things as i used my dads wrokshop to do it. i followed the instuctions to the letter. when i go to turn it on it wont do anythink. at first i thought it was the PSU. this was not the case as i tested the PSU and it works fine.

please could you sugest what might be wrong and waht to do as i am very confused :S

thanks

blazin8556

check all your connections especially the power button. it is very easy to get them in the wrong spot. is there a switch on the back of the psu. make sure its on. cord plugged in firmly to the wall and the psu. power outlet work?

blazin8556

check to make sure all the internal components are put in correctly. some computers won't come on if there is a problem. like a failsafe. my first build did something similar. also make sure that the processor is with in range for the board and also memory too.

driverdj2000

this happened to me,i panicked but it was the case power button connecter had come loose.
the fact the pc seems completely dead indicates a connection loose or possibly a dead mobo seeing as you tested your psu in another machine.
also check your processor is in correctly