HELP?! No one seems to know how to do this?!

sejad nahi

Guys I installed a arctic f8 TC case fan and because of the TC it doesnt run at max speed even when I force it on BIOS. How can I fix this problem??? I placed the TC in a hot area but the fan only goes up to 1200 RPM which is slow as it is needed for exhaust.

sejad nahi

View attachment 8282 You could use a molex to 3 pin adapter
How would I do this and what would I even do, sorry but im really a noob.

Actually slow, big fans are the best at cooling
No space in case :(
View attachment 8282 You could use a molex to 3 pin adapter
Attached the three pin connector to 3 pin connector to molex adapter in case and fan is working, but I cannot find the fan in BIOS or speedfan now? How would I control it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Geoff

VIP Member
How would I do this and what would I even do, sorry but im really a noob.
Instead of plugging it into your motherboard it would connect to this adapter and then directly to your power supply, so it would always run at 100%.

sejad nahi

Instead of plugging it into your motherboard it would connect to this adapter and then directly to your power supply, so it would always run at 100%.
Did that but it still runs slow. Weird thing is my adapter only has two cables, see pic, and my fan has three on the three pin connector?

Attachments

• IMG_0376.JPG
    IMG_0376.JPG
    247.4 KB · Views: 5

Geoff

VIP Member
Did that but it still runs slow. Weird thing is my adapter only has two cables, see pic, and my fan has three on the three pin connector?
Looks like it is just for power, the third I believe would be to report fan speed. Could be an issue with the fan then if it still runs slow, maybe failing motor or bearings.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like it is just for power, the third I believe would be to report fan speed.
Normally yes, the third wire is speed sensor and the 4th if it has it is PWM for speed control. Only having 2 is fine, it just means you have static speed.

Looking at the fan specs, it's 2000RPM@12v, caps out around 31CFM. It's probably working as designed.

sejad nahi

Normally yes, the third wire is speed sensor and the 4th if it has it is PWM for speed control. Only having 2 is fine, it just means you have static speed.

Looking at the fan specs, it's 2000RPM@12v, caps out around 31CFM. It's probably working as designed.
Does that mean I cannot control how fast it goes? Even if I connect it with molex?