Help on gaming build

darcar

Hello everyone,

I`m not a pro or someone that read about this every day, I just enjoy digging some information on internet as hobbies, and I`m trying to build my first custom pc gamer.

After some research and the budget I have available, I came to this build. Its not super but I think it would run the games I want to smooth. (some pubg, call of duty and diablo 4 in the future).

What do you think about it? Would you change something that wouldn`t make the build more expensive?

or:

CPU: Intel Core i5-10600K 4.1 GHz 6-Core
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX LGA1200
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB VENTUS XS OC
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX

Thanks a lot for the attention and support :)

Intel_man

VIP Member
Yikes, the 10600k is $499 in Australia? I'd swap that for a Ryzen 5 3600 in a heartbeat. I mean, yeah the 10600k is faster but is it $220 more faster. Take the savings from that and the savings from using a B450 mobo to go for a 2060 Super or a 2070 Super if your budget allows.

Are you considering "smooth gaming" as 60fps or 144fps or 240fps?

I have that case and PSU, both great options however do note that the PSU's 8-pin cpu connector is a bit short. I mean it reaches where it reaches, but it is tight.

darcar

Yeah, its quite expensive and hard to find, maybe cause its new. What mobo should I get to run with Ryzen 5 3600 and a 2060/2070 Super?

Smooth at 144 fps would be enough I think.

And thanks for the tip on the PSU connector!

Intel_man

VIP Member
The ROG Strix isn't a bad option although there are cheaper boards out there.

Although, it may be wise for you to wait till at least June 16. The B550 mobo is launching on that date and shipments coming in mid July.

darcar

Thanks for your help mate!

I was looking the mobos and I found that I should go on a MSI B450-A PRO MAX ATX AM4. What do you think? This one is almost half price than ROG Strix and looks good too...

About the B550, I would love to wait for that, but it might arrive in Australia later than mid July, and we are currently on a mid year sale, and June is the end of financial year in Australia. So I will buy everything now, and in the future I can change the mobo and cpu as an upgrade. But thanks for saying about it!!

Do you think I got a good build now? Its more than $ 100 cheaper than the original one, and I managed to add a 2060 Super GPU.

Intel_man

VIP Member
With your savings, you can probably put a bit more money on the cooler. The 212 Evo isn't that much better than the one that AMD bundles with the CPU.

Intel_man

VIP Member
That should fit since you have the LPX ram. I've got the Noctua D15 in mine, but I had to swap the front fan on it with a 120mm to get the clearance I needed on the ram I bought.

Probably should've thought it out twice, but eh, it works. lol