[Help] PC Starts then Switches off Instantly

Yoyotammo

Hello new to the forum, hopefully I posted in the right section. Anyway I bought a new PC this year and got it professionally built by PLE. It has been fine and working fine for the past 5+ months but in the past 3 weeks it has begun to randomly blue screen and not start, from here it has just gotten worst to the point it will now start for a split second switch off and continue to do this over and over until I kill the power to it. I have looked inside and it is majority dust free minus a tiny bit on the graphics card fan and a bit in the front grill I can't get to.
Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 Haswell 3.1GHz
MOBO: ASRock H81M-HDS LGA1150 mATX
RAM: GeIL 8GB DDR3 Dragon C9 1333MHz
Hard Drive: WD Black 1TB Hardrive
Graphics Card: MSI Radeon R7 260X OC 2GB
Power Supply: FPS Raider 450W 80PLUS Silver Power Supply
Windows 8.1
Note that I installed a 60GB Kingston SSD 3 Months ago myself

Any help or knowledge would be great, thanks.

Darren

Staff member
Download BlueScreenView
No installation required.
Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

Yoyotammo

Download BlueScreenView

Thanks for the fast reply, although the PC did use to start after much trial and error it has gotten to the point where it will only start for the second then switch off and continue to repeat over and over, it doesn't even get to a BIOS screen. I've left it to cool down and then tried again but still didn't work, it never really got to hot anyway.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I would highly suggest building the pic outside of the case and see how it reacts. This is usually signs of a short between case and motherboard. Usually standoffs not installed correctly.

Yoyotammo

I would highly suggest building the pic outside of the case and see how it reacts. This is usually signs of a short between case and motherboard. Usually standoffs not installed correctly.

Took the thing completely apart and rebuilt it today, I'm not the best with computers and was my first time event remotely building one, the best i've gotten with it is now it starts and all the fans spin but no image appears on the monitor I have, then after about 2mins it will restart itself, I tried taking out the graphics card and just using the MOBO but now It doesn't even start the blue led flashes and nothing happens.

Yoyotammo

;Update; I built in again outside the case this time only using bare minimal parts I think it may be MOBO related, now it turns on then off twice and then on the third try stays on for a good 5-10mins before switching off and repeating this process. When I connect Harddrives to it, it just blinks every noun again like it's searching for it but can't find it, and when I plug in my peripherals to the MOBO none of the lights on them come on.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like you will need to take it somewhere to have it diagnosed. If it is the motherboard, you will be able to replace it free since it will be under warranty. Can you take it back where you bought it? Since you haven't been involved with computer building much I would suggest to take it in and have it diagnosed.