Help please...again...sorry

CodeName47

my problem is that kind of strange phenomenon appeared on my oldest computer at home before 3 weeks ago...
let me tell u about him and what happend to him so u will understand me (may be) better..lool
it is pentium 3 450 mhz...it had 64 mb ram....and 8 Gb hard disk...
so before one year i wanted to play a network game between 2 computers at my home...so the new one is grate for the job...but the old one was tooooo slow...so i upgraded him...

-network card
-new cd/RW (52x24x52)
-2 memory cards of 256 mb-ram (sd-ram)
-geforce 4 mx440 64 mb
-and usb card

after that i formated him installed winXp....and every thing was grate until about 3 weeks ago...
it happend while runing sharing program (like emule) while playing winamp and internet explorer...it got stuck for about 15-20 minutes!!!!! it never happend before...and the problem was repeating every day and i i done about 7-10 restarts aday!!!
i done defrag` formated the computer cheked the cpu temp` every time and cheked everthing...even unpluged the old memory from it place... at the startup programs i cheked that no unuseful program is runing...(msconfig command...)
everthing...i don`t know what is wrong...and it get stuck every time when i run the emule program....and that why i wonder....it have 74% of free memory (at the memory usage) and it get stuck!!!! what is the problem??? :confused:

so i hope u got what i am trying to say...
(sorry if there any language mistakes...) and thanks for helping

Last edited:

CodeName47

`Praetor LOL was this "problem" occuring when the downloads finished? `

i told that it never happend before...and now i am working with my leptop and doing the same thing (runing loot of app` simu`) and nothing wrong happends... :cool:
iam assuming that my hard disk is half dead or something...
so that why i `tried` to install new 80 Gb hard disk (2 or 8 mb buffer) but unfortunatly my pentium 3 dosen`t support this hard disk - some thing with `smart-drive` and `too old mother board`...
any way...after first defrag i have to mention that things got better but he still get stuck some times while runing the sharing program `e-mule` and another else thing at the same time...
my next step will be to throw him...
:confused: