Help Please - Computer Parts Advice

12flower34

Hi,

I am looking for a computer build for my son’s birthday.

I know very little about these things, but I was able to find out a few things from him without revealing that I plan on getting him the parts.

What I found out is that currently he has an NZXT Phantom 820 Full Tower Case and plans on reusing it.

When I asked what he was hoping to get, he mentioned he wanted a strong gaming system that could play all modern games on high settings. He also mentioned something about wanting to stream.

He also said he wants Intel.

Other than the case he will need all the other parts.

Price wise I can spend up to $2200.00- $2,500 and since we live in Canada that’s Canadian Dollars.

Well that’s about it, at least that’s about all I know. Of course if I forgot to mention something please let me know and I will see what I can do.

Thank you all so much in advance and I look forward to seeing what you recommend.

mistersprinkles

Who's building the computer? If you buy the parts for your son, does he know how to assemble them? Install Windows? Etc?

$2500 CDN is quite the budget, and is more than you need to spend for a high end gaming machine. It will however make for a spectacular setup.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/Z99Rnn

^Here is a build using the entire budget for just the tower. Top of the line CPU, Video card, cpu cooler. Beautiful case. Spectacular power supply. This will run any game on ultra at any resolution on any monitor. The CPU can be overclocked. This will provide the absolute maximum mainstream performance available.
I would love to have this computer myself.

ramirez

If he didn't pull the trigger yet...I would just step to the 7700k and the new Z270 motherboards. I would recommend just a good air heatsink versus liquid if not serious overclocking is to be done.